So here is my advice to you, if you are looking to become a Professional Food Photographer these are the most important steps to start with:
1. Learn the basics, be comfortable with your camera and know how to use it properly, this way you'll be confident with the technical aspect and can focus on the creative side of Food Photography.
2. Shoot, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! Yup, you read that right, the more you do it, the better you get at it.
3. Be a Cook. Understanding food, and knowing how it behaves makes you a better photographer.
4. Give yourself an assignment. As soon as I started doing personal projects and sharing it online, I received inquires and got paid for client work.
5. Believe in yourself!! Embrace mistakes, learn from them and keep moving forward.
I created #AskMahaMonday because when I was starting out I was feeling lost and overwhelmed, and I don't want you to feel the same way, so I am here for you, to help you out, share my journey, skills and knowledge.
I hope this inspires you to start your own journey and wherever you are in life right now, believe in yourself and just go for your dreams!